The student news site of Cedar Ridge High School

TV Show Reviews (Riverdale, The Flash, Arrow)

December 20, 2017

Riverdale:
Riverdale is a crime, drama, mystery TV show based off of DC “Archie Comics”, with a murderous twist. The show has an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes.
The main characters are four sophomores; Archie Andrews (KJ Apa), Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse) and Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart).
The show has its own typical high school drama, but overall they are trying to solve the mystery of Jason Blossom’s, twin of Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch), murder in the dark town of Riverdale.
The casting for the show is amazing. The acting is really good and the actors look very similar to the comic-book version of their characters. The plot builds up with a very climactic ending.
“I like Riverdale because it’s suspenseful and mysterious,” Julie Aranna (9) said.

The Flash:
The Flash is an action, adventure, crime, and drama TV show based on the DC comic character of the same name. The shows have a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.
When a particle accelerator explodes and creates a storm of dark matter energy. Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), a forensic scientist, was struck by lightning and got super speed. He became a superhero, known as the Flash.
Unfortunately, he wasn’t the only one who got powers from the particle accelerator. With the help of his friends at S.T.A.R Labs, he goes around fighting crime and other metahumans in Central City.
This show has a lot of things going for it, great acting, well-written plots and characters, and amazing effects.
“I like the Flash because it is very interesting and action-packed,” Anjali Chimmula (9) said.

Arrow:
Arrow is an action, adventure, and crime TV show based on the DC comic book character of the Green Arrow. This show has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is a billionaire playboy. Five years after he was shipwrecked on the island of Lian Yu, he is found and becomes a vigilante known as The Hood.
As the hood, he is armed with a bow and kills people who have corrupted Starling City from a list his father gave him.
The show has good acting, well-written characters, and great fight sequences. Arrow began the CW’s DC universe, meaning it started the shows, The Flash, DC’s Legends of tomorrow and Supergirl.
“I like action shows and Stephen Amell is my favorite actor,” Amanda Castellano (9) said.